Thursday, April 10, 2014

Doing as I am told!

Shortly after my trip out with my brother, he went home to his mom's farm so she could ride him every day. That meant I could stay out in the field with Lucas all the time.  That was fun.  We got to play in the woods and the stream, and we could chill out in the run-in shed.  We would get fed out in the field too.  My mom walks round from the barn in the morning and the evening with our feed buckets.  We know she is coming because we hear her calling the other horses in to eat, that live at the barn.

One evening she was calling and calling and calling.  I thought she was calling me, so I thought I would help her out and meet her on her way round to our field.  I jumped over the field fence and trotted down the lane to meet her, but she wasnt there!  So I walked onto our neighbours lovely green lawn and ate some grass until I saw my mom.  I trotted over to her.  She didnt seem very happy with me at all!!  I got dragged back to the field and given my dinner.

At least once a week Lucas and I would be brought round to the barn and things done to us.  Lucas would be ridden and my mom would do 'things' to me.  I would get a good brushing and my feet picked out.  I am still unsure about this standing on three feet thing!  She would stand me in the barn aisle and try to tie me to the walls!  Again, something I am not so sure about.  It means I cant move my head to bite anyone.  The other horses just look at me and sigh.

I like to play with anything I can find.  My lips are always doing something!!  And this can get me into trouble.  My halter and lead rope hang on my door, so they are just asking to be played with.  I like to suck on my lead rope, which makes my mom worry, as so much of it seems to be in my mouth!!  I flip my halter up and down and around, hitting it off things - so much fun.  I know my mom wants to film me doing it, but as soon as she gets her camera out, I stop.  He he he.

My mom seems to like doing things to me, I dont know why.  I am quite happy just playing and eating.  One day she produced this huge piece of material that she said she was going to put on me.  She walked around me with it in her arms and brushed it against me.  I tried to move away, but we ended up going round and round in circles.  So my mom tied me up to the wall.  I could only go so far.  Eventually my mom managed to get this thing on me.  She called it a blanket.  She had to do up lots of straps to keep it on me.  After a while I realised that this blanket was actually good, I was warm underneath it, which was great on some of the cold and rainy nights.  

Maybe some of the things she does to me are good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment