Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Trailer trip

Lots of things happen to me at Corner House Farm. 

My first trip off the farm was to a leading clinic a couple of months after I arrived, with my big brother.  You remember the story of my big brother chasing me out of the field?  So you can imagine how I was a little nervous about being with him in a small trailer!

Before the clinic day, my mom wanted to practise trailering us together. Her trailer is a lot smaller than the one travelled in to get to the farm and I didnt think that I could get in it, let alone me and my brother together!!

My human mom and dad walked me out to the trailer and asked me to go in it.  I didnt!  They tried again - I didnt!  They tried again and again, being very nice to me and asking me to go in.  Occasionally I would take a step forward, but then I would take more steps back, just to fool them.  I got bored with this game pretty quickly though and walked in so I could eat what was in the bucket they were holding.  I was ok once I was in.  They closed the doors behind me, which scared me a bit, but I wasnt in there for too long.  I was glad to get back into the barn though.

On another day we went through all this again and because I was in a good mood, I decided to go into the trailer quicker.  They were very pleased with me and gave me lots of treats.  Maybe I will keep being good - I like the food!! 

The next time they decided to load me in the trailer, and I went in without any trouble, they loaded my big brother in next to me too.  He is a lot bigger than me!!  I was scared and tried to stay as far away as possible from him, which is difficult in a small trailer I can tell you.  The next thing I knew was the trailer actually moved.  We went for a quick ride around the neighbourhood and then they let us get out.  If I tell you the truth, it wasnt too bad of an experience.



A few day later the humans loaded us both back into the trailer, but the journey was longer and my brothers human mom was with us as well.  When they unloaded us we were some where completely different, which was a little scary to begin with, but I am brave - sometimes.  

This new farm had a big barn full of stalls and another with nothing in it.  I heard someone say it was called an indoor arena.  This is where we went.  My brother, Aviator, was being led by his mom and me by mine. There were other horses there too and everyone was walking around.  Then all of a sudden this man, who had been talking out loud to everyone, took me away from my mom and started leading me around.  We did lots of 'exercises' of stopping and turning.  I am only little, so this scared me a bit.  I did as the man said - once I understood what he was asking me to do!  I was very pleased when he gave me back to my mom.




We did some leading 'exercises' together, although I dont know why we had to, because mom leads me to my field and back everyday past lots of scary things and I do as I am told!?  Then she put me in a stall in the other barn and went and rode my brother.  After that we went home.  A very tall man called Michael helped get me in the trailer, because I didnt want to be next to my brother again.





I was glad to get home, I can tell.  I went straight to sleep.  That was a lot of work for a 18 month old.  I think my mom was pleased with me though, because she kept stroking me and saying nice things and giving me treats.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the picture of Aviator and Captain together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They dont look like each other though - in my eyes anyway.

    ReplyDelete