Monday, March 17, 2014

Snooze Time


I love to lie down and will lie down at every 
chance I get, where ever I am!!  Some one said it is good for horses to lie down because it helps to rest their legs.  My legs are very rested :)

I had a good long snooze that first day I arrived.  When I woke up I looked around at all the other horses in the barn.  There were big horses and little ponies.  They seemed friendly, from a distance.  I wondered what they would be like in the field and who I would go out with.  

My new human mom came into my new stall and spoke to me softly and stroked me.  I think she wanted to make sure I was ok.  I was nervous, as I had only met her when I got off the trailer. Whilst she was talking to me she told me the names of all the horses in the barn.  

Next to me was Handsome, on the opposite side was Wally and Blackie, and then to my left was Lucas, Prissy and Aviator.  It turned out that Aviator was my brother!  How amazing is that, my only brother is here too.  I hope we have lots of fun together.

After dinner my human mom took me for a walk around the field and let me eat some grass.  I was nervous again, but she talked to me and made me feel a little brave.

                                                                                  


 Here is a photo of me when I arrived.







That night I spent it in the barn but everyone else went out into their fields.  I didnt mind being on my own.  I was tired and all I wanted to do was sleep.  This time I lay flat out.  (Sometimes this scares people, because they think I have died!  They work it out when they hear me snore - hehe.)




No comments:

Post a Comment