Friday, May 23, 2014

Changes again!

Things change all the time here.

My mom teaches people to ride and needed another horse for better riders to ride on, so a new horse came to the barn.  His name is Babble and is a Thoroughbred like Handsome, but not as big.  He is older too.  As I said before, new horses dont go out in the field with us straight away because of You Know Who having a problem!!  So Babble went out into the other field.  Luckily my brother Aviator was here at the same time, so they went out together and they get on ok.  Every one is happy.

A few months later I went on an adventure.  It seems people think I am special - not surprising to me of course!!  I was to be 'inspected' what ever that means.  I got a bath, (not keen on those at all), and had my mane plaited into little balls on my neck. Then I was asked to go in the trailer.  I eventually did as I was told, but discovered I was all on my own in there when the doors closed.  I was a little worried about this, but then the trailer started moving and I had to concentrate on standing still as it moved.

Me and my Mom ready to go 

It was a long time until the trailer stopped and my mom came to look in on me, and then off we went again.  I have no idea about time, but 6 hours was mentioned.  When we finally stopped I could smell horses and bedding and food.  I looked out of the door, when my mom opened it, to see a very big barn and lots of horses walking around.  I was both excited and scared at the same time.  Where was I?  Was this my new home?  Why was I here?  Eventually the trailer ramp was taken down and I got to get out.  I was on my tippy toes looking at everything.  I called out to see if anyone I knew happened to be there.  All I heard was strangers.  I was a little worried about that.

My mom led me into a stall, gave me hay and water and then went away for a little while.  My stall was near the door so I was able to watch as lots of other horses arrived in trailers and were put in stalls around me.  It was a busy place.  There were lots of horses which were covered in black or brown spots and ones with spots only on their bottoms and a few coloured like me.  I was all very interesting.

Dont I look grown up? 

My mom came back and took me to a big field, so I could run around and eat some grass.  It was great to breathe fresh air and be able to move freely.  Although I wasnt out there too long, it was great to get to stretch my legs.  Being in a trailer for 6 hours and then straight into a stall is not what I am used to.


My mom led me around the farm and into this big open barn with nothing inside it.  This is called an indoor arena.  It means you can ride what ever the weather.  Mmmm, I think my mom might like one of those! By this time I was getting very tired and things were quiet around the barn.  After I had my dinner I decided it was time to go to sleep for the night. 

I wonder if I will find out tomorrow why I am here?



No comments:

Post a Comment